The Classic Double Hung Window is a residential product from Carinya which delivers a slimline, high-end look to suit new homes, renovations, heritage houses and low rise buildings.
These high performance windows include a range of features which ensure a smooth operating system with the versatility to adapt to a wide range of situations.
- Available in multiple standard configuration options or can be custom built to meet specific project needs.
- Screening can be accommodated within the head and sill to maintain the clean-look finish.
- Handles come in a range of colours, either lockable or non-lockable handles, and with the ability to “key-alike” all windows and doors under the Carinya Master Key system.
- Finseals fitted to both sashes to insulate windows against dust and drafts.
- Corner blocks reduce window movement which minimises dust, air and water penetration.
- Bump stops top and bottom to prevent frame damage.
- Variable length and strength spring or spiral balances are available which can accommodate different window height and width requirements.
- The Classic Double Hung Window meets or exceeds testing requirements of Australian Standards AS1170, AS2047, AS3959 and AS1191.
The Carinya Classic Double Hung Window has been designed with matching stylish hardware, with the option for a lockable or non-lockable latch.
All Carinya double hung window sashes feature corner blocks in all four corners of the sashes. These blocks make the sash more rigid, reducing twist and movement. This reduction in movement increases the performance of the window by reducing opportunities for air, water and dust infiltration.
These proprietary Carinya corner blocks also interact with the balances in both the top and bottom sashes to provide a stable and secure window.
The spring balances come in a range of lengths and spring strengths to suit a wide variety of different window heights and sash weight. Combined with an adjustable balance friction foot this ensures that your custom made window will operate smoothly for many years to come.
Specially designed finseals are fitted all around both sashes. These seals act as insulation to prevent drafts, dust, light and other contaminants coming in from outside through the edges of the windows.
Carinya is created by Alspec - Australia’s No.1 aluminium system supplier and we also offer an extensive range of window screening and home improvement products for your home. In addition to standard fibreglass and aluminium insect screening, Dynamic Windows can also offer the latest technology in high visibility screening using BetterVue® and UltraVue® screening to maximise your view.
Carinya products have been designed to accept screening products without the need for unsightly adaptors or added material. Door and window screening provides protection from insects and other unwanted 'guests' to your home, whilst minimising the impact on your view.
Invisi-Gard Stainless Steel Security Screening
Fixed window security screens are becoming more of a requirement for the conscious home owner and Invisi-Gard is your ideal match for durability, protection and performance.
KidScreen Window Fall Prevention
A unique patent design, cost effective barrier solution designed specifically for child protection of openable windows, KidScreen were recently presented with a highly commended Award from the "Australian Windows Association Most Innovative Window Component 2013".
- Maximum Sash Height: 1090mm
- Maximum Sash Width: 1000mm
- Maximum Glass Thickness:8.5mm Single Glazed
- Maximum Sash Weight: 20kg
- Frame width available in 50mm
- New Residential Construction
- Window Replacement and Renovation
- Low-Rise Building
- Choice of screening options BetterVue® and UltraVue® for superior mesh solutions.
- Security screens securely fitted within the head and sill.
- Integrated sidelights, highlights and lowlights.
Dynamic Windows can offer the typical standard configurations below, as well as custom options to suit your requirements.
Depending on the look require, you have many colour options for your Carinya Windows and Doors. Dynamic Windows can help you through this process of selecting a prefect match to your project.
Carinya Windows and Doors can be finished by one of two options for aluminium:
- A tough and durable option allowing for a wide range of colours.
- A choice or world leading suppliers of powder finishes;
- Finishing is provided by supplier accredited Alspec branches, as well as selected quality contractors.
- Warranties are available. Depending on your finish option, you will receive a warranty ranging from 7 years (film and colour integrity) to 15 years (film and colour integrity).
You may prefer a choice of anodizing, an electro-chemical treatment available in standard finishes, natural anodized and non standard, bronze and black.
The Carinya Collection of aluminium framed windows and doors has been specifically designed to be environmentally friendly, reflecting Carinya's commercial market heritage, where thermal and acoustic performance are often critical.
Of all building materials including glass, timber and masonry only one material is 100% recyclable - Aluminium.Windows and doors are vital to the energy efficiency of any home. Research by the Sustainable Windows Alliance of Australia shows the typical Australian home can achieve an increase of 2 to 2.5 stars energy efficiency simply by upgrading the windows.
Unlike many aluminium windows, Carinya has been designed for all major forms of eco-friendly glazing options without any alteration to the frame or any unsightly add-ons.
Carinya frames are designed for eco-friendly Low E glass, high thermal and high acoustic performance 10.5mm glazing.
Remember the three most important issues for achieving maximum energy efficiency in a home are:
- Orientation - always try and have living areas facing north with seasonal shading.
- Window quality and performance.
WERS Energy Ratings
The Housing Industry Association of Australia (HIA) strongly suggests you ensure the energy rating on your windows is WERS rated to be confident of its true performance. Carinya gives you that confidence as the entire Carinya Collection has been WERS rated for performance.
WERS stands for the Window Energy Rating Scheme that is managed by the Australian Window Association. WERS enables windows to be rated and labelled for their annual energy impact on a whole house, in any climate of Australia. WERS acts as a fair, rigorous and credible system for testing energy performance claims. It is about certified performance.
Energy rating for windows is here to stay as part of the federal government’s commitment to improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The flexible glazing options available in The Carinya Collection means that our windows and doors compare favourably in WERS performance and the resale value and comfort of your home are improved by the use of the high performance Carinya windows and doors.