The Select Bi-Fold Windows and Doors are residential products from Carinya designed to facilitate the seamless transition between indoor and outdoor living areas.
With wide face stiles and rails and commercial grade componentry, the Select Bi-Fold Windows and Doors will immediately modernise renovated homes while being a must-have inclusion for new builds to optimise open plan living spaces.
- Choose from top rolling or bottom rolling systems depending on structural requirements, with the bottom rolling system able to avoid the need for a structural beam.
- Centor rolling hardware (utilised on both top and bottom rolling systems) which comes with proven credentials in the commercial environment.
- Wide face 85mm stiles and rails which deliver an attractive, modern finish.
- Multiple hardware lock options, including the high quality Alspec custom-made system which comes as standard.
- Robust panels and commercial-grade spigot components deliver high performing doors which close securely to protect from the elements.
- Standard panel configurations or custom options available to meet project needs, teamed with multi-point locking options to suit the selected configuration.
- The Select Bi-Fold Windows and Doors meet or exceed testing requirements of Australian Standards AS1170, AS2047, AS3959 and AS1191.
The Carinya Select Bi-Fold Door has been designed with hardware from the start, not as an after thought. All locks and flush bolts blend seamlessly with the custom extrusion for a professional finish.
The sashes feature a commercial door spigot, allowing a strong and robust panel for enduring use making the panel free of twist and movement.
Standard lock hardware options include Alspec's custom Australian made Killara Furniture, combined with Lockwood’s proven Optimum mortice lock. Fitting snug within the stile and allowing an extended backset, this lock removes the common issue of minimal key distance to the jamb. Other lock options include commercial locksets and furniture for a complete choice, as well as two and four point locking on the active leaf panels.
Custom flush bolt guides have been designed to remove visible fixings from the extrusion faces, allowing a tighter integrated sealing saving potential energy costs while giving a professional, uninterrupted clean visible surface.
Killara Xtra Furniture allows for an internal snib option with lock indicator and two or four point locking for all configurations.
Select Bi-Fold Window & DoorUsing the Centor S1E system allows for the screen to be completely retractable into the door jamb when not in use. The mesh is sheer, and there are no grills or horizontal bars to detract from the view. The screen is barely noticeable when in use and disappears when you don’t need it.
The screen is made from a hardwearing polyester/PVC material that can withstand damage from pets. Tight Technology™ ensures the screen remains straight and tight across the widest spans.
Select Bi-Fold Window & DoorThe screen can be opened and shut from any height on the stile, so even small children can operate it. With no crude spring loading to fight against, the screen remains firmly in any chosen position across the opening. This is due to the use of Centor’s patent pending Load Balancing Technology™.
These screens are tough enough to withstand real-life use, backed by a five-year warranty. Exhaustive cycle testing to 400,000 cycles, and exposure to dust, mud, sand and salt spray ensure reliable operation well beyond its five year warranty.
- Maximum Panel Height: 2400mm
- Maximum Panel Width: 900mm
- Maximum Glass Thickness: 10.5mm or 24mm IGU
- Maximum Panel Weight: 40kg (F2 & E2A) 80kg (F3)
- 92mm Frame
- Renovation Market
- New Residential Construction
- Window Replacement and Renovation
- Low-Rise Multi-Unit Developments
- Aged Care and Wheelchair Requirements
- A range of sill options for water or recessed openings.
- A range of fixed light options including glass louvres.
- Retractable screening options for insect protection.
Dynamic Windows can offer the typical standard configurations below, as well as custom options to suit your requirements.
Depending on the look require, you have many colour options for your Carinya Windows and Doors. Dynamic Windows can help you through this process of selecting a prefect match to your project.
Carinya Windows and Doors can be finished by one of two options for aluminium:
- A tough and durable option allowing for a wide range of colours.
- A choice or world leading suppliers of powder finishes;
- Finishing is provided by supplier accredited Alspec branches, as well as selected quality contractors.
- Warranties are available. Depending on your finish option, you will receive a warranty ranging from 7 years (film and colour integrity) to 15 years (film and colour integrity).
You may prefer a choice of anodizing, an electro-chemical treatment available in standard finishes, natural anodized and non standard, bronze and black.
The Carinya Collection of aluminium framed windows and doors has been specifically designed to be environmentally friendly, reflecting Carinya's commercial market heritage, where thermal and acoustic performance are often critical.
Of all building materials including glass, timber and masonry only one material is 100% recyclable - Aluminium.Windows and doors are vital to the energy efficiency of any home. Research by the Sustainable Windows Alliance of Australia shows the typical Australian home can achieve an increase of 2 to 2.5 stars energy efficiency simply by upgrading the windows.
Unlike many aluminium windows, Carinya has been designed for all major forms of eco-friendly glazing options without any alteration to the frame or any unsightly add-ons.
Carinya frames are designed for eco-friendly Low E glass, high thermal and high acoustic performance 10.5mm glazing.
Remember the three most important issues for achieving maximum energy efficiency in a home are:
- Orientation - always try and have living areas facing north with seasonal shading.
- Window quality and performance.
WERS Energy Ratings
The Housing Industry Association of Australia (HIA) strongly suggests you ensure the energy rating on your windows is WERS rated to be confident of its true performance. Carinya gives you that confidence as the entire Carinya Collection has been WERS rated for performance.
WERS stands for the Window Energy Rating Scheme that is managed by the Australian Window Association. WERS enables windows to be rated and labelled for their annual energy impact on a whole house, in any climate of Australia. WERS acts as a fair, rigorous and credible system for testing energy performance claims. It is about certified performance.
Energy rating for windows is here to stay as part of the federal government’s commitment to improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The flexible glazing options available in The Carinya Collection means that our windows and doors compare favourably in WERS performance and the resale value and comfort of your home are improved by the use of the high performance Carinya windows and doors.